|My oil, niddy noddy sampler, and the hand-spun skein|
from a previous post!
So I put this thing together with a screw driver, allen wrench, measure tape, and a bit of improvisation on "candle wax." Some who have put their ashfords together will recall a small step where you hammer a metal rod into the slit on the wheel. I did not have a hammer and you don't want to know what my £10 screwdriver's shaft looks like now. But I got it in! When I had just finished tying the drive band on, our fire alarm went off in my building, for real. No fire just an idiot opening a door instead of a window in a place with all doors as fire doors (which contained the smoke in the hallway) and one of our clean staff pressed the black button. Sigh. It would have been just my luck! But it is safe as you can see and so am I at this moment. I have been spinning for the last two days, getting used to things and I just love it, soo much faster with plying and spinning in general! This would have helped when I spun alpaca the other day!