Oh, I was wondering the other day how many points I could claim for doing spinning... I am not sure what kind of exercise it is like...
My spinning wheel's name is now Julie. Yup, I was walking down the stairs of my building and it came to me. It looks like a Julie.
Enough of that, now onto my hopeful To-Do list:
- Set the twist for my yarn I have spun (about 200yds)
- Ply my smaller skeins and balls I have put off
- Read the spinning wheel sections of my books (so excited).
- Crochet kitty for tuesday and next saturday
- Update Ravelry
- Make a proper wheel bag (I will be posting my first failed attempt)
- Update with projects I have done and not mentioned yet
- I see shawls, bags, scarves, and more amigurumis in my future
- Work on border collie amigurumi
- Stash busting -- both of fibre and yarn -- If you can fill a big Build-A-Bear bag with yarn, you have too much yarn for student accommodation. Also, if you look at your fibre and go I forgot I had that, you have way too much fibre for such a small space.
Some may wonder if I do plan on selling my yarn I make. To be honest, I know its luxury or art yarn to have thick and thin places but I wouldn't feel right selling my first few attempts. Also, I am trying to find a bag style I like to sell, maybe some scarves as well. I have been working on my own amigurumi patterns for sale as well.
However, I am a full time PhD student and I do these crafts in my spare time (which will become a lot less in the next few months), so I do actually have to sleep sometime. Probably, later in the year I may feel brave enough to setup a shop. I have before done things I wouldn't think anyone wanted, but one drawing of mine has proven otherwise (its appeal was hidden because someone saw something more into the shape of a pitcher then I had intended). I am one of those crafters who think "who on earth would want to buy anything I make?" You'de be surprised, there are many people in this world and there is something for everyone!
Phew, normally I don't put so much personal commentary in posts but I feel sometimes it is needed. But of course I am a picture person too!
|What you talkin' 'bout Willis?|
This is Sarah Beth.