21 Jul 2010

Eh? How do I attach them again?

I was looking through my new book: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Amigurumi (see linked picture below) and it goes on about attaching body parts with a "whipstitch" or "overcast stitch." Well, it has been some years since I took sewing classes (13 years actually) and I only know the sewing version of these stitches. So I looked it up in another one of my new books: Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker (see linked picture below). However, the book only explained the common whipstitch, so I scoured the internet for the overcast stitch used in crochet. I am pleased to say I found both! But The Happy Hooker did help me with something else, the figure 8 to start the joining of two pieces of crochet. I got in 250g of polyfil today from Crafts4Kids. I didn't realize how much that would actually amount to since I am used to seeing the bag first. It should help me along my way to making more crafts!

Bought from Amazon.co.uk

Bought from k1yarns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Colorways Spun in 2012: A colorway = Every 2oz



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Badges

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Cute and realistic animal crochet patterns at PlanetJune.com

Etsy

Popular Posts

Podcasts I Watch

Followers