26 Oct 2010

WIP: Dyeing lessons

I dyed my chunky baby alpaca yarn with koolaid. It was SUPPOSED to be orange and yellow alternating... That is NOT what happened. what happened was orange with white and a bit of yellow splotches. UGLY! I was unimpressed and unamused. So... Cherry Koolaid to the rescue? *shakes head* Really I don't know how on earth you can pour it on directly and fill the entire container with red and it STILL have white bits. BUT it looks a whole lot better! It is drying right now and you can't know the variations in color until it is dry, especially reds.

Excuse the poor picture but it is still wet and is drying my drying rack,
with my radiator behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Colorways Spun in 2012: A colorway = Every 2oz



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Badges

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Cute and realistic animal crochet patterns at PlanetJune.com

Etsy

Popular Posts

Podcasts I Watch

Followers